Social media can be a great way to promote your business and website to a wider audience.
Before you get started:
• Make sure to choose your social media platforms wisely. Remember to think about your audience when creating social media accounts, some platforms are better suited for certain businesses than others. If you want to sell products, Instagram and Pinterest are good platforms to start with, whereas if you are providing a service, a LinkedIn account and Facebook page might be better suited to your business.
When you start out:
• Remember to use consistent branding throughout all of your social media accounts. Keep the same logo and colour scheme so that when customers are looking for your account they will be able to easily recognise your brand. It’s also a good idea to make sure your username is relevant, so it’s easy to find your account.
• Make sure to set up your social media accounts in full. This means making sure you fill out all the contact details for your business, having a clear link back to your website on your page, and a description/bio about your business at the very least.
• Build relationships with other businesses. Follow and engage with other businesses that are relevant to yours, if you believe you have a similar audience to another business, why not collaborate on social media content? This means you both get the opportunity to promote to another audience.
Promoting on social media:
• Create interesting and sharable content. Create content that people want to see, this can include images, videos, infographics, and other visually appealing content. If people find your content interesting, they will be more inclined to interact with your page and share your posts, and that means you will get more reach overall.
• Post regularly. It’s hard to get the balance between posting too much, and not posting enough. The more you post, the more people will see your content, but you don’t want to end up bombarding your followers. Anywhere between once a week and 1-2 times a day is good on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. But other platforms may require more or fewer posts.
• Engage with your audience. Take some time to reply to comments and answer questions as well as liking other businesses’ content. This helps to build relationships and encourages others to visit your website.
• Use relevant hashtags. Make sure to do some keyword and hashtag research before each post. Using relevant hashtags in your content will help your posts appear in the search results, meaning your content will be seen by more people.
• Run competitions and giveaways. Running a competition is a great way to attract new followers. Your existing followers will want to share your content to be entered into the competition, which means lots of new people will see your account. Just be wary of the social media platform’s guidelines on promotions and make sure to follow their specific rules.
• Run social media ads. If you really want to reach a wider audience, using paid social media ads is probably the best way to do it. You can target your audience so that your ads are only shown to a relevant audience. It’s also really easy to track your progress with paid adverts as you can monitor how many people have seen your advert, along with how many clicks to your website.
If you need any further marketing help, or if you just have some questions regarding social media, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.